Sunway Swimming (SEAL)
"Quality Swimming Lessons for Learn-to-Swim Beginners & Pre-Competitive Training @ The Most Reasonable And Affordable Rates"
at SUN-U Residence, Bandar Sunway, Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia. ( Tel:012-6368951 )
Get more info regarding our promotional courses by clicking into http://www.swimlesson.com.my/promotion.html
Year - End Promotions
For all promotional courses, missing classes due to year - end holiday vacations shall be replaced accordingly.
Swimming Activities September to December 2013
i) Malaysian Associations of Private Colleges and Universities ( MAPCU ) Swimming Championship
- Fresh from winning the Overalls at the ' Masiswa ' championship, the Sunway University Swimming Club shall now be vying for the MAPCU championship Overalls.
- The championship is opened to full time students of the MAPCU members.
- Trials and selections shall be held on Wednesday September 11, 2013 between 5 to 7pm at the Sun - U Residence.
- Actual competition day shall falls on Saturday October 5, 2013 between 9am to 6pm at INTI, Nilai. On this day swimming lessons shall be carried out as usual.
- Our swimming coaches Adrian Lim, Tan Pei Chee, Yap Leanne, Yap Quentin and Daniel Su shall be competing for Sunway.
ii) The President Cup / National Inter - Club Swimming Championship
- Trials and selections for swimmers of Sunway Swimming shall be held on Sunday September 22, 2013 between 8 to 10am at Sun - U Residence. No swimming lesson on this day.
- Actual competition days shall fall on November 22 - 24, 2013 at Pusat Aquatic Hang Jebat, Malacca. We shall only be taking part for events scheduled on the first day on November 22, 2013. However, swimming lessons shall be carried out as usual.
- The events are Butterfly 50, Breaststroke 100 and Backstroke 50.
- To qualify swimmers should :-
i) have at least completed and passed ASUM Level 5 or 6.
ii) have the ability to execute a good start dive from the block.
iii) achieve a timing which is close to or faster than the qualifying time set by the
organizer. You may obtain the qualifying time list from the poolside registration
iv) Trial fee is RM 10 per swimmer.
v) Swimmers who pass the trials are to bear their own travelling expenses which shall
include the competition entry fees, meals, accommodations and transportations. The
total costs per swimmer incurred shall be discussed and announced after the trials.
- It is not compulsory for swimmers who pass the trials to attend the actual competitions. Swimmers may join the trials just to gage their standard or level of progress.
iii) ASUM Accreditation and Assessment for Level 1, 2 and 3.
- The assessment is opened to learners of Sunway Swimming.
- The Trials shall be held on Sunday September 22, 2013 between 10 to 12nn and 4 to 6 pm at Sun - U Residence. No lessons on this day.
- The actual assessment date shall falls on Sunday December 22, 2013 from 8 to 10 am at the same venue. No lessons on this day.
- To qualify for the trials, swimmers must have completed around three ( 3 ) courses or fourty - eight ( 48 ) hours of lessons.
- The trial fee is RM 30 per person and to be paid upon registration. Places are limited and offered on a first come first serve basis.
- The total exam fees for all three ( 3 ) levels is RM 75 and to be paid only upon successful completions of the trials.
iv) LSSM Bronze Medallion and ASUM Level 4, 5 and 6.
- The assessment schedule shall be announced by end January 2014.
Our swimming lessons or ‘Learn–To–Swim’ Classes is tailored to meet every swimmer's requirement, whether is learning the basics or wishing to improve on your swimming technique. We accept children from as young as five (5) year old to ADULTS. Swimmers shall go through a skill progression syllabus which will prepare them for an evaluation test (optional) through the accreditation and badges awards for the ‘Learn-to-swim’ program by the Amateur Swimming Union of Malaysia (ASUM) whose office is located at the National Aquatic Center, Bukit Jalil, K.L. Swimmers age between five (5) to twelve (12) years old will have the opportunity to progress from total beginner stage to the skills of an age group swimmer. The syllabus includes skills where swimmers can progress to competitive swimming training.
For more info, kindly visit http://www.swimlesson.com.my/asum-awards.html and for details on our Learn-to-Swim courses & charges, please click into http://www.swimlesson.com.my/courses/learn-to-swim.html .
For Learn-to-Swim programmes of other countries you may visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swimming_lessons .
We provide Pre-Competitive Training for those who wish to participate in age group swimming championship. For details, you may visit http://www.swimlesson.com.my/courses/competition-training.html .
Also available is the Life Saving Certification for all levels, by the Life Saving Society of Malaysia ( LSSM ) and International Life Saving ( ILS )
**SPECIAL ARRANGEMENT FOR SCHOOLS / COLLEGES / CORPORATE / GROUP SESSIONS**
1) Annual Swimming Gala for Beginners
2) Annual Novice Competitive Swimming Carnival
3) Inter Club Swimming Championships
4) LSSM / ILS Certifications & Awards
5) ASUM Accredictations and Badges Awards
(Friday, 04 April 2008)
Excerpt From Streets * NST Online
WHAT started as recreational fun for swimmer Livvy Yap has turned into serious business in the pool,
The pint-sized 12-year-old with the appetite of a shark, swept all 12 events in the 10 to 12 age-group in the recent Negri Sembilan Schools Championships at the ParoiSwimming Club.
"I hope to don national colours one day but it will only happen if I can balance my studies and sports," said Livvy.
Livvy, whose father James Yap is the head coach of Sunway Swimming (Seal), a club in Bandar Sunway, Petaling Jaya took up swimming when she was about five years old.
Those who display any sign of flu symptoms (eg. headache, fever, cough or sneezing etc.) are strongly advise against attending lessons.